Thursday, December 2, 2010

Why this song?

The Music Genome Project

Pandora.com has changed my appreciation for music. I create a station based on a song that I like and then it plays a continual song list of songs that I love. If for some reason it plays a song that I don't like, I thumbs down it and never hear it or anything like it again. It also has a feature that explains why you might like this song. Here is why I like the music I like:

Why this song? Based on what you've told us so far, we're playing this track because it features hiphop influences, acoustic rhythm piano, a twelve-eight time signature, basic rock structure, punk influence, subtle use of vocal harmony, mild rhythmic syncopation, acoustic sonority, mixed acoustics and electric instrumentation, basic rap roots, major key tonality, extensive vamping, prominent bass riffs and mandolin parts.

So, if you are looking to get me a Christmas present and want to buy a CD just look for that ;)

No comments: