Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Love Languages


If you have never read the book, The 5 Love Languages, you definitely need to. This will get you thinking about how to interact with the people around you as well as help you communicate love to those you care about. You should take a minute to assess yourself to see what your love language is. You can do this by reading the book (which I recommend) or you can simply take a 5 minute assessment online at: http://www.5lovelanguages.com/assessments/love/

During my Freshman year at Mid Atlantic Christian University I took a class that used this book as one of the textbooks. I learned a lot about myself and found that I am VERY much a Quality Time person. I have seen this to be very true in my relationship with my wifey. We are very different than many couples where we both want to spend as much time together as possible. Our goal is to always wake up together, work together, eat meals together, and do life together. It stresses both of us out when we are apart, even for a short time, because we both feel loved and show love through our quality time.

Here are my scores:
3 Words of Affirmation
12 Quality Time
5 Receiving Gifts
2 Acts of Service
8 Physical Touch

With this being said, I often desire to show love though through quality time, but also often through gifts. I am very purposeful in the gifts that I give to those I care about. I even have a folder in my phone called "Gift Ideas" where I write down things that come to mind that people would like. For instance, if I hear someone say that they would really want a certain coffee mug or something like that I will try and remember that and make it happen. I spend time with those I love but often this is difficult and so sometimes a well thought out gift will suffice.

No comments: